These nickel-plated chainrings were designed to look great on the Cane Creek eeWing titanium cranksets. They also work great on SRAM direct-mount cranksets.
The Shimano XTR, XT, and SLX 12spd Hyperglide+ chain works differently than other products on the market so Wolf Tooth engineers developed a completely new tooth profile to provide optimal chain retention and durability when using this new chain technology.
- The new HG+ chain interacts with the chainring much differently than a traditional wide/narrow design. Wolf Tooth engineers spent the time to understand how the system works and design a new tooth profile that is optimized for this system.
- Engineered proprietary tooth profile maintains the quiet and smooth performance of the HG+ drivetrain with legendary Wolf Tooth chain retention.
- Prevents premature ring and chain wear that can come from non-optimized profiles.
More power, better traction, less shifting. Wolf Tooth oval chainrings use our proprietary PowerTrac design that has all the benefits of oval, but without the funky, uneven pedal stroke. Ride one once and you'll wonder why you waited so long to try oval.
Think of an oval chainring as two chainrings in one. A major benefit of oval is how the shape of the chainring alters your gearing in two important phases of your pedal stroke by harnessing your body's natural biomechanics. Here's how it works. The area of the chainring with the larger diameter engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, which is what's known as the Power Zone. If you were to look at a clock, the Power Zone would be between 1-5 and 7-11. Conversely, the Recovery Zone – back to the clock face, between 11-1 and 5-7 – is the weakest part of the pedal stroke, when the oval maximizes your efficiency. A 34T oval chainring behaves like a 36T chainring when you want power while behaving like a 32T chainring when you're climbing.
We've also engineered our oval chainrings to provide smoother, more efficient pedal rotation. This equates to better traction because of steadier torque on the rear wheel. With a Wolf Tooth oval chainring, you can harness more of your strength in the Power Zone, while having easier pedaling in the Recovery Zone.
- Cane Creek eeWing cranksets
- SRAM direct mount cranksets with 3-bolt interface
- Compatible with Shimano 12-speed Hyperglide+ chains on bikes with boost and non-boost spacing
- Wolf Tooth Drop-Stop A is the original patented wide/narrow chainring compatible with multiple drivetrain brands including 9, 10, 11, and 12s SRAM Eagle, KMC, Wippermann, etc.
- NOT compatible with 12s SRAM Transmission (T-Type) Flattop, 12s Shimano HG+, or 12s Campy
- Weight: 32t/74g
- Material: Nickel-plated 7075-T6 aluminum
- Made in the USA
|Nickel / Cane Creek SRAM 3-Bolt Direct Mount / 32T / Drop-Stop ST